GEM advises firms seeking to develop XML standards based on FpML and related financial standards. Some of the services that
GEM can perform include:
- Advising clients on existing capabilities of standards.
- Assisting clients to define additional data and protocol requirements for their applications.
- Leading and facilitating requirements definition workshops.
- Developing documentation describing the required standar, including items such as:
- Interaction scenarios, message interaction diagrams
- Message definition documentation
- Example messages
- Usage guides
Following are some recent engagements that we have undertaken that involved work in this area.
- Advising the FpML Coordination Committee on cross-product issues, and acting as overall editor of the FpML standard.
- Advising a matching service on development of extensions to the FpML messaging model.
- Advising the FpML Energy Working Group on extending FpML for energy derivatives.
- As part of our business development program, we also chair the FpML Pricing and Risk working group, which is developing standards
for exchanging information required to price and risk manage financial derivatives.
In addition to this industry-leading FpML knowledge, GEM can draw on Brian Lynn's broad expertise in standard development.
Some of the previous standards development work that Mr. Lynn has undertaken includes:
- Developing, for Atomic Energy of Canada, Ltd., and Ontario Hydro, standards for the development of nuclear control software.
- Developing, for Atomic Energy of Canada, Ltd., software quality assurance (SQA) standards for the development of nuclear control
and shutdown software.