The GemScribe FpML viewing/editing suite allows people to display and modify FpML documents easily using standard web browser
GemScribe is a Microsoft Internet Explorer-based application. It uses Microsoft XSL to display documents and HTML forms and
IE 5.x with the installation of a free upgrade to MSXML.
Please see the Gem Demo Site for an online demonstration of GemScribe.
- Flexible and powerful displays focused on real FpML examples, including ones drawn from the FpML standard specifications.
- Use of standard editing controls such as drop down lists to select values from lists, check boxes for turning features on/off,
and radio buttons for selecting from predefined alternatives.
- Outline-based display for quick navigation.
- Ability to load and display FpML documents from the Windows file system or from web (HTTP) servers.
- Ability to write FpML documents to the Windows file system or web (HTTP) servers.
- Customizable appearance using high-level templates
- Can be linked into browser-based applications.
- Creating sample documents to test new FpML applications
- Displaying test documents created by new FpML applications.
- Displaying FpML documents supplied by counterparties, brokers, or external trading platforms
- As part of a web-browser based trade capture system.
- As a base for other trade displays, such as trade differences, pricing or hedging displays, etc.
- Key risk areas are tested using automatic regression testing scripts. For example, FpML examples are translated to HTML for
display and this is regression tested using automated processes.
- A QA and beta release process is followed for new versions of the software.
- An internet-based defect reporting and tracking system is provided.
Status and Plan
- Selected by ISDA, the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, to be the basis of an FpML editor to be distributed
to its members.
- Version 3.0, to be released in October 2005, covers all products in FpML version 4.2, including:
- Interest Rate Swaps and FRAs
- IR Options (swaps, caps/floors, plus swap break clauses)
- FX forwards, swaps, and options
- Term deposits
- Credit Default Swaps
- Equity options
- Equity swaps
- A version suporting Data Standards Working Group (DSWG) position reports is currently in test and will be available shortly
- For the ISDA version, please contact ISDA. It is available for free to ISDA members and at a moderate cost to non-ISDA members.
- Please ask about customized versions of GemScribe, for example to act as a front end for a trade entry system or service.